Ok, so if you tuned in to my rant a little while ago, you may already know that I a starting this series to really talk about the truth of running as a mom. If you missed it, check it out here.)
As I get started with these posts, I want to set the scene or you. I know I have been pretty absent on social media lately so I am going to fill in a few of the blanks.
- Oliver is 8.5 months old
- He just started sleeping through the night consistently around 7 months
- I work full time and have a 45 minute commute to work
- Charlie also works full time overnight so he is able to stay home with Oliver during the day
- Oliver is still breastfed (plus purees and all that jazz, just not formula)(p.s. this is my obligatory “fed is best” disclaimer)
- I have never been this out of shape in my entire life
I think those are the biggest factors at play here. Once I finish the cup of coffee I am currently drinking I am sure I can think of more, but you get the general idea.
Overall I guess the general gist of that list is that I am really dang tired and I constantly feel pulled in about 10 different directions.
Just to reiterate, the point of talking about all this isn’t just to whine and moan about how tough things are, but to commiserate and realize that the things we are struggling with individually are a lot more common than we realize. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of thinking you are doing something wrong or just not trying hard enough. But it is tough y’all!
Tomorrow I am getting into the “real” posts in the series. In the interim, I would love it if you dropped me a line to join the conversation!
What are your struggles with running as a mom?