When I sat down and thought “Hey let’s write a nine months postpartum” post I immediately had two questions:
How the heck is my little tiny baby nine months old already?!
And how the heck am I so incredibly far from reaching the goals that pregnant me thought were so reasonable?! Remember my New Year’s Resolution….yeah that’s not happening
Anyways. If you follow me on Instagram (which you totally should) you might have already seen my post about my recent mile run that actually felt good.
Of course, the pictures you see on Instagram don’t always tell the whole story – so I am keeping it real and dishing on the good, the bad, and the ugly of what nine months postpartum looks and feels like for me!
Nine Months Postpartum Wins
- I ran my fastest mile since before I got pregnant!
- I bought a bridesmaid dress for a friend’s wedding and I fit into my pre-pregnancy size…yes I did a little dance in the dressing room and I am not ashamed to admit it 🙂
- I am getting used to Texas summer again and I can run in the heat a little better
- We have made it nine months breastfeeding!
- I am finally starting to feel more like myself and running suddenly started to feel good again. I was starting to lose hope!
Nine Months Postpartum Struggles
- Even though my dress size is the same, I am not as fit as I was before pregnancy
- My hair is still a disaster. Postpartum hair loss hit me hard and now I am just battling all the baby hairs growing in and sticking out in every direction
- Running is still something that I struggle to make time for, so I don’t run farther than a mile or two at a time very often (or ever really)
I would be lying if I said there isn’t a tiny part of me outing because I had hoped I could post a nine months postpartum update showing off my six pack abs and buns of steel. The ironic part being that I had neither of those pre-pregnancy, but a girl can dream right?
So here’s to progress and keeping going!
Are you a mom? When did you start to feel like yourself again?