May is already here and summer is just around the corner…or if you happen to live in Florida it is already here with a vengeance! I’ve got some big changes coming up for the summer (more on that soon) so I figure it is a great time to make some new fitness goals! And no I don’t just mean “bikini body” type goals 😉
Five Summer Fitness Goals
- Ultra Training – this is obviously the top priority since there is a BIG looming goal at the end of the summer that needs to be accomplished. By the time summer is over I need to be ready for The North Face Endurance Challenge Series – Wisconsin!
- Meditation – I think it is equally important to address mental health and wellness in addition to the physical. Meditation has never been a big part of my life, but I have been reading articles lately about all the benefits it can have so I figure there is not time like the present to see how if can impact my life. This article was a big influence on this decision.
- Get serious about cross training – hiking, swimming, biking and hitting the gym are going to get added to my summer routine. And a little horseback riding too. Running is good, but taking time to focus on overall fitness is also extremely important and I think it will help avoid burnout as I rack up the mileage. (Plus Hank is really cute when we go hiking!)
- Cutting out soda – I have fallen back into the bad habit of drinking soda to get through the day. I know I don’t like how it makes me feel (aka I get bloated immediately) but I get so addicted so quickly.
- Getting enough sleep – This is pretty boring as far as goals go, but I recently read somewhere that sleep deprivation is cumulative. So if you are just getting an hour too little sleep a couple times a week it may seem like no big deal for a while, but it all adds up eventually. I need to work on getting things done more efficiently during the day so I can consistently get a good night of sleep!
Do you have summer fitness goals?
Happy Friday and I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!